Archives & History Day, a history expo with more than 60 organizations participating, plus other days with lectures and a feature film.
Archives and History Day: October 14, 2017
Other Events: October 10-19, 2017
Exhibit: October 2-31, 2017
Monmouth County Archives
125 Symmes Drive, Manalapan, NJ 07726
Archives and History Day, Oct. 14, with table exhibits by more than 60 history-related organizations and archives, keynote speaker, Archives tour, History Forum, and History Game with prizes. Annual exhibit, this one on inventors and innovators in Monmouth and Ocean counties, on view for the month of October. Lectures and feature film during the week, mostly related to the exhibit theme.
Exhibit: “Inventors and Innovators in Monmouth County,” on view October 2-31, 2017
Monmouth County (NJ) County Archives and History Day, Saturday, October 14, 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: “Inventors and Innovators in Monmouth County” exhibit on view
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm: Exhibit tables for 60+ archives and history organizations
- 9:55-10:10: Greetings
- 11:15-12:00: Awards Presentations
- 12:10-12:55: History Forum: Discussion of Inventors and Innovators in New Jersey
- 1:00-2:00: Featured Speaker: Paul Israel, Research Professor. Director and General Editor, Thomas Edison Papers, Rutgers University-New Brunswick. New Jersey: A State of Innovation
- 2:00-2:15: New Jersey History Game Prize Drawings
- 2:15-2:45: Tour of the Monmouth County Archives (Registration Required)
Other Events, October 10-19:
- Tuesday, October 10, 2:00pm: Movie (Invention-related): To be announced.
- Wednesday, October 11, 10:00-11:30am: Lecture: George Joynson, Reference Specialist, Monmouth County Archives, “From Convicts to Colonels: Monmouth County Inventors.” Introduction by Gary D. Saretzky, Monmouth County Archivist.
- Wednesday, October 11, 1:00-2:30pm: Lecture: Edward Eckert, Nokia Bell Labs Corporate Archivist and Sr. Manager of IIS Intellectual Property Services. “Nokia Bell Labs: Nine Decades of Inventing the Future.” Introduction by Randall Gabrielan, Monmouth County Historian.
- Wednesday, October 11, 3:00-5:00pm. Lecture: Paul Zigo, WWII Studies Institute. “Battle for Guadalcanal, August 1942.” Program under the auspices of the Monmouth County Library.
- Thursday, October 19, 7:00-8:30pm. Lecture: Richard Frenkiel, Senior Advisor, WINLAB, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rutgers University. “Wires and Waves: How We All Got Connected. A Brief History of Modern Communications.” Introduction by Gary D. Saretzky, Monmouth County Archivist.
For more information, visit http://visitmonmouth.com/archives